06 February, 2010

Backlog 1

For Year 2004-05


So after a long gap I have once again come back to write blogs. It’s not that I went absconding from this world. I launched a website of my own and was writing a few things there to see whether or not I can turn it around as a business proposition in my free times. But I guess I have yet to travel a lot before I get that sort of a passion since I do have many “excuses” of not doing it. Anyways, that’s not the point.

These days I am here @ SPJIMR (more famously known as S. P. Jain), Mumbai. This is my dream college and not because of the fact that I am a student of one of the courses here, but genuinely there are multiple reasons to make me that believe. I still remember a conversation that I was having with a cousin of mine how I will be confused if I have to pick between SPJIMR and IIM-A. Funny right? But that’s the truth. So what was that which went through my head to have such thoughts?

It goes back to year 2005 when I decided to do my MBA. I knew I wasn’t ready because I still did not see a reason why I should be doing one. And I knew if I do it now then it is just going to be an extension of my engineering degree. That’s not what I wanted. I was sick of these studies, since I never learned anything out of them. Facing whole lot of lectures (and even criticisms) from friends and relatives for not aiming higher with an MBA degree, I tried hard 2-3 times and never cleared it. It was probably because I wasn’t talented enough. But more than that I knew my tries were not passionate enough.

I was always an anti-CAT (Common Admission Test) person. I always wondered how one can pick the best out of a lot just by asking them to solve a set of questions. I could never connect to it. This is where S. P. Jain came into picture. The institute looks beyond your score. It emphasizes on your overall personality before shortlisting. I don’t know if the process is still fool-proof, but it is better than what is followed by any IIMs or XLRIs.

Why am I writing it now? It’s just that I am filling the gap for what is going to come later. I have to write more and more about my life as an MBA student from India. And I felt it is important to pen down my entire thought process since start.

No comments: