06 February, 2010

Backlog 2: Deciding about my MBA

So when I wasn’t able to convert my attempts, simultaneously I was going through a self-introspection. I was thinking if at all I have to do my MBA then how it should be. I was very clear of one thing that I am not doing my post-graduation in a technical field since I could never relate myself completely with that. So if MBA then how should it be?

I was certain of one thing that I wanted to work for a few years, away from all the studies. So it was more like my love for work and a break from studies. I wanted to gain some work experience, say 4-5 years before I join any MBA college. At the same time I knew I wanted to do a 2 year programme since for me MBA is more about learning and applying your knowledge. More the time I spend in school, the more I have the opportunity. Now it was all left for the time when I can connect myself with MBA programmes, the day I feel I need to learn a few additional things about management and areas around management. And it finally happened in year 2008. I don’t know the exact circumstances but I do believe my stint with Rotaract did motivate me for the same. So that reminds me I need to share something on opportunities (with respect to Rotaract) and how it can define somebody’s future. But that's later.

No comments: